What is the active offer?
- Respects the principle of fairness ;
- Aims for a quality of service comparable to what is offered in English;
- Is linguistically and culturally appropriate to the needs and priorities of Francophones;
- Is inherent to the quality of services provided to people (patients, residents, beneficiaries) and an important factor that contributes to their safety.
Why is the active offer important?
Why French-language health services?
Legal and governmental expectations
Negative impact of language barriers
Positive impact of offering health services in French
Implementation of the active offer
- Use of “Hello-Bonjour” in greetings (in person and by phone).
- Bilingual voice message in place.
- Bilingual display in place for patients.
- Francophone professionals who wear “je parle français” labels.
- Bilingual business cards are available for French speaking staff.
- Translation of certain documents.