What is the difference between identification and designation?
- Identification → no legal obligations
- Designation → obligations and firm commitment
- Full designation → all services
- Partial designation → a service or program
What is the designation?
Type of designation
How Entity 3 assists FSSs with identification or designation
- Sharing information on local francophone populations and their health needs.
- Guidance and support in completing the application for designation form or letter of request for identification.
- Submission of forms/letters to LHINs and Health Ontario for validation and forwarding to the Ministries of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Sharing of tools and best practices for implementing French language health services among health care providers and support throughout the process.
- Customized training designed for all decision-making levels of an organization and customization of the proposed tools.
- Development of webinars.
- Support for the development of a Francophone clientele and the creation of lasting community relationships with Francophone individuals, groups, institutions and media.
- Provide, according to capacity, promotional items to help communicate the offer of services in French.
- Promotion of your French-language health services to Francophone health consumers, including workshops