- Legislative and governmental institutions
- Government or para-governmental agencies
Why ask for health services in French?
- Create barriers to access to care;
- Affects confidence in the quality of services received ;
- Decrease the likelihood of adequate follow-up.
Who can request services in French?
Where can I expect to receive services in French?
- Hospital settings
- Community Support Services
- Mental Health and Addiction Agencies – for children, youth and adults
- Community health centres
- Children’s Aid Societies
- Long-term care homes
- Ontario Disability Support Program, etc.
How to request services in French?
- Indicate that you prefer to receive services in French as soon as possible.
- Ask for an interpreter, if necessary.
- Encourage and recognize health care organizations and professionals who make efforts to provide services in French.
- Support us if your region or an organization wishes to be designated or identified.
In the event of non-compliance with the French Language Services Act